Sunday, November 13, 2016

Who's To Blame for Trump?

This came to me a couple of days ago, and I wanted to share it (and I also want to make it clear that I am not saying all is well. There's an unspeakable amount of work to be done to restore sanity and safety to our national community. This is a start, for myself.)

Who is to blame?
I have heard it’s…
The GOP
The DNC
The 50% Who Stayed Home
The media
Millennials
White men
White women
Jill Stein, Gary Johnson and Third Party voters
The “liberal” media
Ohio and Florida
The Davos elite
The Electoral College
Hillary (and Bill)
Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Our educational system
The economy
The neoliberals
FOX News
The Red States
The Blue States
American apathy
American stupidity
Bernie or Busters
Black Lives Matter
Obama
(Though strangely, I have not heard anyone blame Trump)
The rural folk who feel ignored
The urban folk who have been ignoring the rural folk
Those who think they are not to blame
Those who have a creeping feeling they may be to blame
All of us
None of us
Me
You
Those other people
The media (worth mentioning one final time)
But has blame ever
Healed wounds?
Brought people together?
Fostered communication?
Increased compassion?
Make it easier for us to love each other?
Maybe
Maybe not
Here we are now
Feel your feelings
And let’s figure out what happened
But as for me
I blame no one
I forgive everyone
And mostly, I say
As someone once told me the Buddha said
Given all that
How shall we proceed?

No comments:

Post a Comment