Monday, January 5, 2015

A Moment of Explanation

So...it's hard to keep up a blog, everyone knows that. One like this, especially - content isn't merely linked or posted, but generated, by me, and when I don't have the time, it doesn't get generated.  Which brings me to sunny point number two, which is...once again, I am going to get back to writing, for my pleasure and hopefully your amusement - and if we're lucky, maybe our mutual clarity too, every so often.

Now, the sad thing is I actually have about 11 posts over the last year that are in draft stage - not the draft stage where you jotted down three lines and then a few keywords to remind you of what to say next time, but the draft stage where it's 85% done. In some cases, all it needs is a re-read and light editing. Talk about low-hanging fruit! (I have a co-worker who hates that phrase so much that he instituted a fine system: there's a cup in his office that you have drop a buck into if you say LHF in any meeting he is in, and all proceeds go to Whole Planet Foundation; I think he's funded a full mircoloan by now.) I keep thinking, I'll go back and fix some of them up and just get them out there, but then it's an issue.

Because some of them are timely, or seasonal. It feels too late, on Jan 5, the First Monday Back After the Holidays (practically a holiday itself), to be polishing up the post on my visit to the pumpkin farm, or thoughts about the election. But I am planning on cleaning up what I can, and sharing it with you lucky people.

I just wanted to let you know.

Happy New Year! (How in the world did it get to be 2015 already?)

No comments:

Post a Comment