Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Moment of Sanity in My Parking Garage

My work parking garage - like many parking garages - has close and difficult spaces.  In one area, near the stairs, there is a poorly-utilized space which is clearly too small for two spots but sort of ridiculously large for one spot.  Even though the most stingy of garages wouldn't make this area two spots, I still sense it was reluctantly designated as one spot.

Sad to say, it's actually used - I've only ever seen obscenely large SUV's parked there; their owners must make an effort to arrive early to get "the spot."  Sometimes the vehicle is *so* large, it's painful for me to even acknowledge its existence by walking by it.  I always get resentful, somehow, about those giant vehicles that should never have been made let alone offered for civilian purchase.

But yesterday, the habitual fog and grog of my Monday morning was absolutely relieved when I saw a Mini Cooper owner had defiantly, almost triumphantly, parked there.  Ha!  It was beautiful.  A clear moment of sanity in my parking garage. Apparently, they can appear anywhere.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Next time maybe they will even park it sideways!

    ReplyDelete